Sunday, March 22, 2009

Me

So this blog is about me...I was talking to a very dear friend of mine and she blogged all the time about our previous experience working for Disney world, so thanks Kelsey, shes the one who got me into this. I'm name is Monique Vela, I am now 26 and am new to this whole new blogging experience thanks to Kelsey. I was talking to her the other day and thought this might be a good idea, like some sort of journal that would be saved, without the wasting of trees...

So about me, I was born and raised in Corpus Christi, TX and up until last May was the first time I left. So where can I start...I have a small family, one mom, stepdad, a little brother and sister. I am not too close with my fathers side of the family but am slowly getting to know them after not knowing them or seeing them after 10 years. I am currently enrolled in school, I am currently enrolled in UIW and am finally almost finished...I have an associates degree in Human Services, I really dont know what that does, but Im hoping one day it will help me out, so I am currently trying to finish my 4 year degree and think that I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I recently came back from Florida, which was my first experience living away from home and texas...I miss it very much and actually left early cause I thought I missed it here. No regrets but I want to go back...to me it really is the most Magical Place Ever! I think that that whole experience has taught me a lot about myself and the person what I will grow up to be. I met this really great person there, Kelsey and since then we still keep in touch and talk and still have our inside jokes that no one seems to understand. But back at home I am surrounded by wonderful friends that I cherish very much. You may ask why would anyone just randomly go to florida? Well thats how I do it, one minute I was here in texas and the next (like one month later) I was in Florida, pretty random, it was like I woke up and said Im moving to Florida (thats really what happened). But I left to try and figure some things out, which I think I have accomplished. I think in a way I was trying to escape from people, see where I am from its very small everyone pretty much knows everyone and so I had my heartbroken and decided that going away and meeting new people was the thing to do. Which worked. Thats the best solution for a broken heart.

So now Im back in Texas, where I still cant find a job, and Im still going to school. This economy thing is starting to have more of an impact closer to home, Ive been looking for over 3 months and havent had any luck, boo! So this is just kindof an intro to me.

2 comments:

  1. i like that you mention me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. see you mentioned me in the majority of your 1st blog, plus you got me into this stuff. im super excited that you made a comment cause i would have never known to do this, where are you, cause i def am having technical difficulties...lol.

    ReplyDelete