Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Birthday

So today was my 26th birthday, weird, right! I woke up early and didnt seem to have much of a productive day. It was scarey turning 26 and in some weird way Im not sure if I can used to saying that I am that age. I know that age is nothing but a number but geeze, I am feeling like I havent gotten too many things accomplished. When the day started I woke up and was thinking to myself, what will I do today, Ive noticed that as Ive gotten older I feel like birthdays arent as much fun...It seems just like another day of life to me. So i somewhat wanted to celebrate, like go and have some drinks or something like that, but realized all my friends have grown-up jobs, we are not allowed to party and celebrate during the week, jk, but more like ummm...I am not excited about this being older. I went to eat with some friends for lunch and then dinner with the family, the highlight of my day was when my stepdad asked the waiter how old I was and he thought I was 21, I was like Yay!!! Sure Ill be 21 again!!! So yeah, getting older is not any fun, when I was 21 (forreal) I figured I would be done with school, married, at least one kid on the way, and some sort of a career. But now Im this age and think, omg, I dont have anything accomplished.
On another note though, I have had a lot of fun and have had many life experiences...So I think that in many ways that equals out??? But I am mostly content with my life and what I have done, but at the same time I feel like I need to start rushing the process of things...All day I have analyzed the what ifs...where is my life going and why is it taking so damn long. But then again, why am I in such a rush? People keep telling me Im getting old, as far as numberwise, but I dont feel old, I feel young and I def dont look it, so what exactly is this number everyone is so concerned about? A guy friend of mine told me a few weeks back that I was too old to even be considered for a date, that guys like girls that are young, more like 21ish...I was offended and somewhat concerned at the same time...Jokingly I mentioned I would eventually be a cougar, a hot one prowling on young guys, lol. But Ive noticed that all the guys I meet are a bit younger that I am and have no problem with me being 25, now 26. A good friend of mine, Kelsey, told me that I should lie about my age, and now I think that I am really taking that idea into consideration. heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment